“There is no greater privilege than to help bring life into the world”
Dr Jason Ting entered a career in Medicine to help others. Dr Ting has eagerly pursued a career in Obstetrics and Gynaecology as it allows him to provide professional help to women in a wide variety of ways.
Dr Ting’s specialist training was at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and his advanced training years were in advanced laparoscopic surgery, gynae-oncology and as the Senior Registrar at RPA. Since completion of training, he continues to practice the latest evidence based medicine in both obstetrics and gynaecology. He is an accredited advanced laparoscopic surgeon at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
Dr Ting has a passion for teaching and education of medical staff. He frequently performs talks for the Royal Australasian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, RANZCOG exam revision courses, lectures for of GPs, tutorials and medical student examinations. Dr Ting is an examiner for RANZCOG for both the written and oral examinations. He is actively involved in the preparation of candidates for the membership exams. He keeps himself updated with the latest developments in obstetrics and gynaecology and regularly attends conferences to facilitate him providing best patient care.
- 2002 Graduated from Medicine at Monash University, Melbourne
- 2003 – 2006 Resident years at Geelong Hospital, Royal Melbourne Hospital and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Medical and Surgical specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 2006 – 2010 Obstetrics and Gynaecology specialty training
- Royal Prince Alfred (RPA) Hospital
- During this training, gained additional experience at Canterbury Hospital and Royal Darwin Hospital
- 2011 Senior Registrar at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and Fellow in General Gynaecology and Advanced Gynaecologic Endoscopy at RPA
- 2012 Fellow in General Gynaecology, Advanced Gynaecologic Endoscopy and Gynaecologic Oncology at Liverpool Hospital
- 2013 onwards VMO in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and accredited to perform RANZCOG Level 6 Laparoscopic Surgery
- Fellow, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Examiner for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Medical student teaching and examinations, University of Sydney
- Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy & Surgery (AGES)
- Member of the Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)